Tips for Solo Female Travel
For solo female travel, follow these safety tips so you can make the most of your next adventure in Japan, Iceland, or anywhere else in the world!
- Make yourself aware of common scams or problems in the area you’re visiting, so you can be alert and avoid unfortunate scenarios.
- Try to dress and act like a local, as to not seem like a gullible, doe-eyed tourist.
- Keep your valuables at home or in your bag, instead of drawing unwanted attention from pickpockets and the like.
- Trust your gut and don’t overthink it. If you feel uncomfortable in a situation, remove yourself.
- Never turn your back on your drink. Don’t leave it unattended and don’t accept drinks from strangers.
Travel Safe and Smart
As with any adventure, it’s wise to practice caution during your solo travel experience. Travel smartly by visiting safe destinations, doing your homework about the location and culture before your trip, and keeping your belongings organized and secure with Nomatic travel gear.